Conserve® SC specialty insecticide is an excellent choice for nursery and greenhouse operators, as well as arborists, and lawn care operators and golf course superintendents. Spinosad, the active ingredient in Conserve, is derived from the fermentation of a naturally occurring organism, uniquely combining the efficacy of synthetic insecticides with the benefits of biological insect pest control products. Sold in a liquid quart bottle.
Active Ingredient: Spinosad
- Offers quick kill – insect pests exhibit symptoms in minutes resulting in rapid cessation of plant/turf damage.
- Control is evident within one to three days.
- Provides excellent efficacy on target pests such as thrips, leafminers and Eastern tent caterpillars
- Offers a unique mode of action which makes it compatible with resistance management programs and therefore IPM compatible
- Has activity on pests by ingestion and contact exposure
- Is highly active at very low use rates
- Has low odor
- Not phytotoxic to labeled ornamentals or turfgrasses
- Has a four-hour WPS re-entry interval
- Armyworms, including beet
- Bagworms, including spruce
- Cutworms, including black
- Eastern tent caterpillars
- Fall webworms
- Fire ants
- Gypsy and hickory tussock moth larvae
- Pod gall midges
- Serpentine leafminers
- Sod webworms
- Spider mites
- Spruce budworms
- Thrips, including western flower
- Yellow-necked caterpillars
Spinosad (pronounced "spin-OH-sid") is derived through the fermentation of a naturally occurring organism. It uniquely combines the efficacy of synthetic products with the benefits of biological insect pest control products. Spinosad has several attractive features when compared to most synthetic insect pest control products:
- It is derived through the fermentation of a naturally occurring organism;
- It is highly active at low use rates;
- It is active by ingestion and contact exposure;
- It has less impact on certain predatory beneficial insects;
- It is active by a mechanism unique among known insect pest control compounds.
- Manufacturer Part Number: