The Petzl Rig is a compact self-braking descender designed for experienced rope access workers. The Petzl Rig self-braking descender ensures smooth, comfortable descent control with an innovative design compared to traditional descenders like the Grigri and Stop.
Material(s): aluminum, steel, nylon
Weight: 400 g
Maximum Working Load: 200 kg
Rope Compatibility: Single ropes between 10.5 and 11.5 mm in diameter
Petzl Rig Self Braking Descender Features:
• Designed for experienced rope access workers
• The AUTO-LOCK system allows users to easily position themselves without having to manipulate the handle or tie off the device.
• Ergonomic handle allows the user to unblock the rope and control the descent with the hand positioned on the free end of the rope
• In case of an involuntary action by the user, the automatic return system on the handle limits risks dramatically
• Handle storage position reduces the risk of accidental snagging while the descender is carried on the harness
• Rope friction zone reinforced with a stainless steel wear plate for extra durability
• Safety gate on the moving side plate helps prevent dropping the device and enables easy rope installation even when passing intermediate anchors
• Pivoting cam allows the user to take up the slack in the rope. Can also be used to make a reversible haul system, and for short ascents (in conjunction with a FOOTPRO foot loop and an ASCENSION handled rope clamp).
- Product Type:
- CE 0082
- Country of Manufacture:
- Manufacturer Part Number:
- NFPA Certified: