The Camp Giant Descender is a multifunctional device developed to meet the demands of the most technical rope access and rescue specialists. The patented internal mechanism is combined with robust hot-forged construction and advanced ergonomics for control with heavy loads.
In addition to its primary function as a descender, the Giant is also certified for use as a fall arrest device (i.e. during rope transfers), as an ascender with smooth upward glide, and as a belay device for climbing, making it the most widely certified rope tool of its kind.
The actuating lever features an anti-panic system that locks the rope and arrests the descent in case of excessive pressure on the lever by the user as well as an extra lock off position so the worker does not have to tie off the device. An external button can be used to hold the cam open allowing the rope to slide easily in situations with limited or no load.
The device can be opened to insert or remove the rope without removing the carabiner (this helps prevent the possibility of dropping the device). The logical circular rope path along with clear internal and external markings makes installation of the rope simple and intuitive.
• EN 12841 as a rope access device for semi-static ropes ranging from 10 to 11.5 mm:
º Type C: descender of the working line for loads up to 462 lbs (210 kg);
º Type B: ascender of the working line for loads up to 462 lbs (210 kg);
º Type A: fall arrester for the safety line for loads up to 120 kg.
• EN 341/2A as a rescue and evacuation descender for 10.5 mm semi-static rope for loads up to 200 kg.
• ANSI/ASSE Z359.4 as a rescue and evacuation descender for 11 mm semi-static rope.
• EN 15151-1 for climbing structures using mountaineering techniques with dynamic ropes ranging from 9.9 to 11 mm.
- Product Type:
- 4496 lbs (20 kN)
- Manufacturer Part Number:
- Country of Manufacture: