Traditional design meets advanced technology in the Makalu. This classic leather mountaineering boot features the La Sportiva MPEvo outsole to ensure stability and traction in rugged environments.
La Sportiva used a burly 3.0mm Idro-Perwanger Roughout Leather upper for classic mountain boot performance and fit. This is a full steel shank boot that will accept an automatic crampon and kick steps in snow all day without a crampon if needed. Additionally, the protective Vibram® rubber rand adds excellent toe protection and the EZ rollerball hardware makes these boots easy to lace up.
• Ideal terrain: General mountaineering and heavy backpacking
• Compatible with various non-automatic, semi-automatic, and automatic crampons. Crampon compatibility is NOT ensured, and boot-crampon compatibility needs to be inspected
- WEIGHT: 34.57oz / 980g
- LAST: Makalu
- UPPER: 3mm Idro-Perwanger Roughout Leather / Vibram® rubber rand / removable EZ FLEX tongue with Dry-Best® Lining
- LINING: Dry-Best®
- INSOLE: 8mm MtnFlex with 1.5mm Dacromet-coated full steel shank
- MIDSOLE: SBR Aircushion
- SOLE: La Sportiva MPEvo Outsole